What Does a Puppy Need?
As I mentioned before, I am fostering nine border collie mix puppies. That’s a lot of poop in case you were wondering. Puppies are a lot of work. With the help of organic and chemical-free cleaning products from ePantry, I decided to create my own Puppy Survival Kit.
1. Cleaning supplies. Potty training doesn’t happen overnight. There are going to be accidents and a good cleaner is vital. I use this Mrs. Meyer multi-surface cleaner. It’s safe to use around pets and kids. So, no worries if their fuzzy little noses get near.
2. Laundry detergent. Same as the previous reason. Paper towels can be very expensive. Investing in some Goodwill towels to clean messes is much more economical. I love this detergent from Method. It’s a small bottle with a lot of power packed in.
3. Pee Pads. These have a scent that can really help with potty training. I don’t recommend using them inside, but outside. This will encourage using the bathroom outside and help to shorten the length of potty training time.
4. Treats and All Natural Shampoo. Treats help with training. Positive reward for good behavior is necessary. An All Natural Puppy Shampoo is necessary. Let’s be real, puppies can be really gross. If there is a pile of mud or anything disgusting, they’re in it.
5. Dog bed and food. A dog bed gives your dog somewhere comfortable to sleep. Puppy food, well a dog has to eat. I recommend this Whole Earth Farms Grain Free puppy food.
6. Collar and leash. These are necessary for taking your pup for a walk and getting them socialized.
7. Dog bowl. Your puppy has to eat and throwing their food on the floor isn’t ideal.
So when getting a puppy make sure you think ahead to everything that is to come. A puppy, and any dog, is a lot of responsibility. When adding to your family remember, a dog is for their lifetime, and adopt don’t shop! So many amazing dogs need homes that are in shelters, many pure-bred and all loveable.
I get my cleaning supplies from ePantry. They offer affordable organic and natural cleaning supplies for less than retail (beauty supplies too!). This is the our affiliate link for Life Simply Made for a $10 credit offer with signup. We do make a small commission with every new subscription. This helps us pay for the cost to run the site as well as fostering more pups. So thank you in advance!
Until next time,